View Single Post
Old 09-24-2006, 05:26 PM   #34
Judith
Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gizmo TN
My Yorkie, Gizmo is 13yrs old and is blind. He is suffering from a collapsed trachea. All medications we have tried do not work. The only thing left was to sedate him at night so he can sleep. I admire your strength in making the decision that you made. I am struggling with this and don't know what to do. I do not think that I am ready to let him go. This is painful. I ask God to help me with this all the time. There are times when I wish that God would just take him so I would not have to do that to him.

All I can say is, my heart is broken, and I still wake up at night crying. The pain is unbearable sometimes - but I know in my heart that I did the right thing for Molly. She was the love of my life and we fought so hard to keep her healthy. Like you, I prayed for answers. I had vowed to Molly that she would never suffer again, yet I didn't want to let her go. The lady Veterinarian who came to my home was so gentle and caring. She touched Molly's paw ever so lightly and in a second she was gone. I miss her so much. But my memories of her are all good memories; The way she loved to be held and loved to lick my face. The terrible moments when she was gasping for air are gone and will never return. Now I see her running in the meadow, sniffing her way through the grass, and investigating every leaf. She was so beautiful and had such a loving heart. Her love was pure and unconditional and I kept my promise to her. Judi G in Illinois
Judith is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!