View Single Post
Old 05-19-2005, 02:30 PM   #1
ashley
Senior Yorkie Talker

Default ***update on roxie

Well it turned out it WASNT tapeworm, it was her intestinal lining hanging out of her rear. Some how or another she was straining, and it came out. The vet thinks she had stool matted to her hair, and thats what was causing her not to be able to use the bathroom, but she didnt have any poop matted to her hair untill after she did poop, i always brush her hair ,and check her over often. Its swollen, and he pushed it in, but it came right back out, they also said she hadnt produced a stool sample all day. But her belly isnt as swollen as it was earlier.

He gave me a spray to spray on her butt and within 48 hours, the swelling should go down, and go back in.

I have to monitor her attitude, her stools, and her butt and call him back in the morning.

I made sure to ask if this would interfear with her spay next thursday, and they said it shouldnt, unless it gets worse, but alot of the redness is gone, and its not as swollen anymore, so he thinks it will be gone in a day or two.

Roxie is up and playing,biting and running around like her usual self, so id say shes feeling much better, she wants to go out to play, but we are having a bad storm so hopefully it will quit so i can take her out

thanks for all your support, you guys are the best!
ashley is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!