View Single Post
Old 09-23-2006, 06:09 AM   #11
Shanatink
Mommy to 3 Princesses
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowWa
I know dogs have different personalities and temperments....and they are very different from one another. And - it certainly is true that we all live in different environments and provide different environments for our pets.

But, I also know for a fact though that some people want their dogs to be dependent and clingy --- we have had several recent posts stating this, and many people do encourage their dogs to be this way. And, as I said in my earlier post - I also have read many posts with people complaining that their dogs are paying too much attention to other members of the family - and they want their dogs to be "only their dogs and love only them." (This is always especially hard for me to believe.)

I think - given any dog or pet with its own temperment and any environment -we need to just do the best we can -- I just can't understand why anyone would deliberately want their dog to love "only them" or become clingy and dependent upon them. Why would anyone deliberately work to encourage a pet to be this way.

And - then don't you think that a lot of people are causing their dogs to behave this way - without really realizing they are doing it. I think so. So - it's just something to think about.

My first post is really my philosophy. I just wanted to mention here that I do understand different people, different dogs, and different environments, and how each of these plays a part in whatever relationship we have with our pets.

Good luck to everyone!

Carol Jean

I agree, the more I thought about your post the more I understand what you mean. I agree that it is bad to purposely make a dog clingy becasue it is so bad for the dog, dogs need to be strong for themselves. Now I am paying close attention to Chloe and I just want to cry. If anythign ever happened to me I dont think this dog would be able get by. For example I got up early this morning and left Chloe sleeping in bed with my husband. Well about 10 minutes later I can hear chloe crying becasue she wants out of the bedroom and so I let her out and now she is just sleeping in my lap, she just had to be with me

I wish I hadnt made her this dependant on me becasue she isnt happy any other way and she cant function on her own and that is not good for her. Nobody needs to purposely make thier dog this way!!!!

Im going on vacation in 2 months and I dont think she is going to be okay while Im gone and I am already really worried about that..
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!