View Single Post
Old 09-22-2006, 11:42 AM   #15
yorkiemalt
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

awww, remember TLC - I've been there!

Waiting just doesn't seem like a good idea to me and that is my unprofessional opinion. From all the information I've read the chances at the most successful outcome are based on the Grade the knee is at at the time of surgery.

That was a mouthful - but if Roxy is a Grade 2 right now 6 weeks post-op what are the chances she can be doing more and more damage in the upcoming months? These are really questions for your surgeon....perhaps you can call her with your worries.

As far as you being comfortable with her that is GREAT! That is the most important thing for you and Roxy.

I, on the other hand, can't help but wonder....Did Roxy have x-rays done before you went to her and when she saw them was her opinion to just do the deepening of the groove and tightening of the ligament? Did she suggest the tibial transpostion? Did she say lets do the least invasive and wait and see if it works?

Either way...hindsight is ALWAYS 20-20 and I'm sure if you had it to do all over again you obviously would not want Roxy to go through this again.

Oh, before I forget, as far as the "pin" migrating, I was told it will not affect the repair - what happens is sometimes after the bone is healed the pin pushes itself out and then has to be removed. Best case scenario is that is pokes itself through the skin and then he can remove it right in the office, if not Chan would have to be put under again and the pin taken out! God - what choices we have to make for our babies!

You know I told you what Chan went through and guess what? WE MADE IT - he is now, TODAY, 12 weeks post-op (second knee) and running around like a nut! ALL restrictions are gone as of today and he is taking full advantage of that fact...lol! I think I will always WORRY....but he sure seems happy and comfortable.

Take care of yourself.....it will be OK....
yorkiemalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!