View Single Post
Old 09-22-2006, 02:20 AM   #2
MyTrixie143
Mom to 6 Beautiful Furkids

I don't have any suggestions other than crate her at night. Mine don't get the privelage of sleeping on the bed with me until I know they are completely trained and can hold it without any accidents. When I first got Trixie I let her sleep on the bed with me and she did the same thing, she would always pee on the bed, something that is not pleasant for us. So I put her in the crate at night, even though Peppi was out on the bed with me, until she was trained. She is now completely house broke and sleeps on the bed with me.
She needs to learn to hold it, if she does not it will make housebreaking her alot harder. By putting a pad on the bed you are simply telling her that it is okay that she does not learn to hold it. Crating them at night teaches them to hold it.

So 2 of my dogs sleep with me and all the others sleep in their crates as I feel they are too small to sleep on the bed with me and could get hurt really easily. They love going in their crates and can never seem to get in them fast enough. Each night I put some soft treats and some chicken jerky strips in their crates and they know the treats are always there. Therefore, they learned to love the crate as they are getting rewarded. The first few night I bring a new puppy home, he/she will whine or bark the first couple of nights. But once they learn whining will get them no where and no attention and that the treats are the reward for being in the crate and for being quiet they stop whining and barking. They then love their crates and insist on going in them.

Good luck with whatever you decide!!!
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!