View Single Post
Old 09-21-2006, 04:25 PM   #1
River
Senior Yorkie Talker

Default Indy's liver shunt surgery is over

It's been a horrible day!! Nothing at school went right today, kids were unruly, teachers were jerks. Makes me wonder why I stay! Anyway, I didn't hear from the surgeon until 2:30 so I was stressed about that all day too. The surgeon called and said that everything went well. Indy's liver looks great and he said the other shunt that he did last year is all shut down. But the new shunt was just where the ultrasound doctor said it was. So he took care of that and now we just wait and test to see if his bile acids come down. I have to take him back in 2 weeks and then schedule his first post op bile acid for 6 weeks, and then keep up with them every 8 weeks. At 4 months he needs another ultrasound to check the shunt and make sure it is closing/closed. They do a doppler ultrasound that acutally shows the blood moving through the vessels, pretty cool! I miss my Indy!!! I haven't had any sleep for 3 nights and I'm exhausted! Probably won't sleep tonight either without his little warm body cuddled up next to me. Thanks for the kind words and prayers, Indy and I appreciate our friends at YT!
River is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!