View Single Post
Old 09-21-2006, 04:13 PM   #7
RowdysMom
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

I'm so sorry to hear that you are still so stressed - I know it is just horrible to wait for the tests. As I posted earlier, I don't think it is fair to make people wait so long for tests when there is a possibility of cancer. It just creates too much stress and anxiety.

Please try to do this exercise. Close your eyes, take some deep breaths, think about the cancer possibility - then set it aside - mentally put it in a box and set it aside. Then focus on your heart - think very specifically about your heart and the love within your heart. Next, think about a wonderful thing in your life - e.g., your skin babies, your furbabies, anything that gives you joy. Concentrate on the joy in your life and how the joy surrounds your heart. Feel the joy in your heart. Then when you have experienced the joy, you may open your eyes. Whenever you begin to feel panicky - try the exercise again. It is called freeze frame - you are freeze framing your bad thoughts, setting them aside and then letting the joy of your life into your heart.

One of the most important things you can do right now it to stay calm and focused on the joy in your life. You can get through this - but it is not easy.

Take care!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!