View Single Post
Old 09-21-2006, 11:09 AM   #8
LuvMySissy
Luv my Angel, too!
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yorkypups
The main thing to worry about with Giardi besides ridding the system of it with Flagyl is that the meds kill all the needed active bacteria in the stomach. Please ask your doctor for a support supplement such as Acetylator or add yogurt to the food or cottage cheese as well. You have to get back those needed bacterias and keep the stomach conditioned. I get my Acetylator from Vetri-Science direct but your vet may know of another or carry something similiar. Just my two cents worth. I am new here so I hope this post goes where I meant for it to. Have a great day!! Oh forgot to add Giardia is usually from bad water or even a change of water. Use filtered and distilled water and change frequently. Clean water dispenser or bowl well and often.
I found that Sissy loves yogurt. In fact, since she stopped eating her dry food, yogurt has become her breakfast. I buy her the Dannon Activia with the good bacteria in it. She gets 1/4 a container each morning.

My vet told us that standing water almost always contains Giardia. Sissy got it after several days of non-stop rain.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!