Thread: Loose stools!
View Single Post
Old 09-21-2006, 06:33 AM   #3
BLowry
My furkids
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmsmom
What is the best dog food to give when they have sensitive stomachs? I have been feeding him Chicken Soup and it seems like he has had a lot of gas recently. Yesterday morning he pooped a LOT. It was normal but it was like he had been constipated. ANyway later on that day he pooped again and it was very very loose. It wasn't watery at all. So I took his food away and just let him have water. I also gave him a TAD bit of pepto. Well he hasn't pooped any since. This am I boiled some chicken and rice for him and so far so good. I was feeding him Nutro Natural chicken, rice and oatmeal and he did good on that. The only problem I had was that his eyes were really watery. Since being off of Nutro they don't see to be as bad. I switched to get away from the red beet pulp. He has been off of Nutro for a while now. Does anyone recommend any other kind of food? I am open to suggestions because he isn't crazy about Chicken Soup anyway. Thanks

Michelle
My girls didn't care for Chicken soup either. Maybe his stools softened because you changed his food? Did you mix the chicken soup with his old food before you changed him over? I know you can get dog food for sensitive stomachs at the vets but, I don't think it is very good for them. Have you tried Wellness brand? My puppy gets Nutro Ultra puppy and Sadie gets the adult formula. I just switched Sadie to this brand...she seems to like her new fursisters food better. (of course that could be because it's something different that what she gets!) I mixed Sadie's Innova kibbles with the Nutro kibbles and she is eating it!!! She has always been very finicky so, when I find something that she'll eat I give it to her...Also some boiled chicken breast. very little though.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!