View Single Post
Old 05-19-2005, 09:04 AM   #1
okotoks
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Default Teeth, Crate and more??

As a new Shorkie owner, I have questions and concerns.

1: How do you look after their teeth. Lexi, is 9 months old and has the worst breath I have ever smelled on a puppy. We have bought her Denta bones, Yip Yaps. The green and then the rubber green chew for teeth. We have the finger tooth brush, plus a puppy toothbrush. I don't think she likes the denta bones or the green ones. She almost acts like she is hyper-ventilating when you try brushing her teeth. I am thinking I need to take her to the vet to have her teeth cleaned.
(I just had her at the vet last month due to weight loss, last monday and he said she was very healthy).

2: Any suggestions, on how to allow both of my puppies to be together when I leave the house. Right now I have Lexi kennel trained, but eventually, I would rather allow them to be together during the day while I am at work. ( I work 3 days a week). I just bought one of the metal crate things. What are the consensus here: kennel train or not?

3. How do you clean urine stains, that you didn't know about, but can now smell the urine odor? I honestly have went through bottles of Natures Miracle, not seeming to have much luck with the product.

4. How do you know what the coloring is going to be like when they mature. Not knowing much about yorkies, forgive me here, I was shocked how Lexi, went from tan/black, to more tan/silvery.

Thanks in advance, new mom trying to learn the bestest for out babies!
okotoks is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!