View Single Post
Old 09-20-2006, 11:43 AM   #5
JCarlson2004
Mommy To 3 Poochies
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARCHIE
I have the same card but never used it. When Buddy became very sick and was hospitalized in 09/05 for four days the bill was $2,000.00. No real diagnosis! Thought maybe poison or perhaps a nylabone. They found gritty material in the lower intestine. They were not sure what caused his sickness. I paniced about the $. They told me about the card you mentioned and I opened it but deceided to take money from a retirement fund instead. I didn't want the added bill to worry about. I honestly can say I did not spend $2,000.00 on the two dogs I had for 16 and 17 years respectfully. Once a year to the vet and that was it! They were never sick. I only had Buddy for less than a year and this happened. Thank heavens he is fine today and no more nylabones of anykind for him. Always expect the unexpected!
It's not a card from a vet -- it's my regular VISA credit card. I haven't used it either (so far -- thank god). When Codie required surgery on a luxated patella (dislocating knee cap in his rear left leg), I was able to pay for the surgery outright. And even when Katie was diagnosed with kidney disease, we paid for all that outright too -- and it was VERY expensive (all the different tests and vet appointments, as well as going to the ER emergency vet several times). But we were able to pay for all that with cash.

My credit card is not for yearly vaccines or routine colds. I am saving it for something serious -- like what if Codie was diagnosed with heart disease and immediately needed rush surgery that same day?? I'd charge it all and not have to worry about paying for it on top of worrying about Codie's recovery.

What can I say? I worry a lot.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!