Thread: seizure...
View Single Post
Old 09-19-2006, 12:40 PM   #1
TrueReviews
Donating Yorkie Yakker

Cry seizure...

Hello to all on YT today. I had a bad day here. Indiana was doing so well this morning when I got up but apparently that changed after I took a short nap today. I woke up with all of my babies barking frantically and I noticed Indiana was laying on the floor of his crate. I called his name and he didn't even move. I hurried over and opened his crate shaking and almost crying and I held him but he was shaking violently all the sudden. I grabbed my keys and gave him nutrical but he was too weak to take it. I tried to force some in the side of his mouth but I couldn't even get that done because his mouth was closed so tightly. I rushed him to my local vet and they said he was having a seizure. They gave him fluids and a suppliment and a vitamin shot and mixed soft food in the supliment and fed him. After a few minutes (well about 15) they tried to stand him up but he could only stand on his hind legs dragging his front legs and pushing himself around on his head. My heart sank. I was almost hysterical at this point. I still tried to keep myself together for him but I didn't know what to do. I felt so helpless. They sent the suppliment stuff home with me along with the science diet a/d and told me to occasionally give him nutrical if he acts too weak. He is walking around now but still very weak. They said by now the meds they gave him should have made him more active but he has some serious trouble moving. I have no idea what happened here. Nothing in his routein has changed and he does eat and dring water and seemed completely fine until today. I need help (or perhaps more strength here). I cannot...not will not lose him! My heart cannot go through a loss this great and I will do anything to make him better but what do I do? He is my baby! He is so important to me and I feel so lost. I am so scared I can hardly function. I keep praying that everything gets better and that this is a one time thing but if I had not been there I can't even imaging what would have happened. It is getting hard to breath here. I have to hold him or check on him and I even keep having to wake him to make sure he is still breathing. Is this how it is? His breathing is so soft I sometimes cannot tell he is even moving to take a breath. I just don't know what to do!
~Tru
TrueReviews is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!