Thread: Autumn's Beau
View Single Post
Old 09-19-2006, 07:51 AM   #13
Willow
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

We had a total of four....two still borns and one that I handfed for four days...Him I would have kept! I was pretty much up all night....her labor had started the night before and her water had broke at 7 pm and I fully expected pups within an hour or two...by 10 pm I was calling my vet and he let her go until the next morning. The next morning the first pup was born around 7:30 which was Scooter who I handfed and then pup number 2 came 20 minutes later and was stillborn and pup three came at 9 still born and I was freaking out by that point and had my vet on the phone! Then Beau arrived at 11 am and it had been two hours since the last one and I was paranoid and so we made an emergency trip to the vet TWICE that day...first time was to get her oxytocin shots and a penicillian shot second time was for an x-ray that showed no more puppies. I was a total basket case and made the decision to spay Autumn....the worst thing is I was PREPARED for a delivery and even had my vet on call incase there was an emergency.

The two still born pups had died two days prior to the birth. There was nothing we could have done. Their placentas has separated early. Then Scooter was born with a cleft pallet. I was trying to get tube feeding supplies when we lost him. He is now laid to rest under my lilac bush and he will be with me forever.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!