View Single Post
Old 09-18-2006, 10:41 AM   #1
Connie
Loved by Maddie & Libby
Donating Member

Default Maddie is hurting!

I am just sick! I think I hurt Maddie. When I was brushing her a while ago, I noticed pine needles stuck in her beard. I got them out okay and then noticed her one foot was full of sap and pine needles which must have happened when she was squirrel hunting this morn. I cut some of it out and then used dawn dish soap just on that area. I then combed through it and she let out an awful yelp. I'm wondering if I put her foot out of joint or something because she held it up and then she just went wild running through the house crying like I've never heard her cry before. I picked her up and she just screamed and screamed. She is calmed down now, but she won't stop licking that foot. At first I couldn't touch it or she screamed in pain, but now when I do, she doesn't cry, but she still won't walk on it. She is on her pillow bed on my lap right now and she just keeps licking that area. I called the vet and have a work-in appt at 3...but may have to sit there a few hours since it's a work in. Darn, I feel just sick...I even cried I felt so bad for her. I can't see any redness on the skin. It seems to be the top part of the foot that she is licking. What do you suppose I did to my sweet little Maddie?
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!