View Single Post
Old 09-18-2006, 06:45 AM   #15
LuvMySissy
Luv my Angel, too!
Donating Member

As your pup is very young, his mouth is probably small. So, I'd stick to a dry food where you can get very small kibbles. Royal Canin has a small breed puppy formula that has small bites. Royal Canin is a good food, but definitely not the best due to it containing corn and wheat products.

The super premium foods that you can find in pet stores are Natural Balance, Merricks, Innova, Solid Gold, and Eagle Pack. Solid Gold has a wee bits formula where the bites are really small. This is what Sissy eats (when she nibbles at her kibble). She also eats the Natural Balance meat roll (looks kind of like sausage in a plastic casing). I have heard from a rep from Natural Balance that they don't have a specific puppy formula because their food is so nutritionally good, that puppies would just eat a little more of it and that is the only real difference between puppy and adult formulas.

I agree that ANY food is better than NO food, but if you can find a better brand that your pup will eat, hopefully he will be healthier because of it. Good luck and switch over slowly.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!