View Single Post
Old 09-17-2006, 02:09 PM   #2
Patti
Donating YT 30K Club Member

Maya my Pom can go out without a leash, but I keep one on her and am always close enough to grab it. Also, Maya is older and has a hard time ealking so I know she can't out run me. Maya also knows the command stop and stay extremely well. I worked alot with her in my back yard with my husband at one end and me at the other calling her and making her stay. Every spring I would reinforce the training. Also , she has no interest in rabbits, etc. Cali on the other hand can never go with out a leash despite working a little with her she is a chaser and would be off in a second after bunnies etc. I also live in an area where there is very little traffic and whenever a car is in my sight I grab Maya's leash. Most of the time I do have Maya in the stroller or holding her leash. I take them to the pond in our neighborhood every nice day and we feed the ducks. Cali is straining on her leash to get to them and Maya just sits under the big tree in the shade and watches. I think it always best to keep them on a leash unless you are in a very private area.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!