View Single Post
Old 09-16-2006, 08:17 AM   #1
Bnot
YT 1000 Club Member

Default I may be expecting too much out of Venus

Venus is now 3 months old. I made an x-pen for her, and put put it in the kitchen, and put her crate in it. She used her crate as a ladder to crawl out of it at night. So I took the crate out of the pen. She uses the pee pads for both functions while in the pen. She also will fall asleep in the pen, but when I wake, she's escaped it again. I have a piece of plywood in the kitchen doorway to at least keep her in the kitchen tiled area.

I put a pee pad in the kitchen, out of her crate, so when she crawls out in the middle of the night, she'll have one out to go on. She won't use that one. She continutes to go on the floor, anywhere, after her escape every night.

She's also a screamer! Wakes me up almost every morning from 1am-5am. If I get up and pet her a few minutes, she'll quieten down, and I go back to sleep. Sometime after that, is when she crawls out of the pen again. Then she messes up the floor, with a pee pad out and ready for her to use.

Also, I've tried taking her food away 3 hours before bedtime, and she will still poop 2-3 times at night! Seems to be the only time she poops is in the middle of the night!

You'd think that if she's using her pee pad in the pen, she'd use the one thats out of the pen! But she won't.

Am I expecting too much for 3 months old?
Bnot is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!