View Single Post
Old 09-16-2006, 06:44 AM   #22
JoyRenee
YT 500 Club Member

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheska's Bella
Thanks so much for everyones replys.

I know alot of us differ on opinion. Some women welcome their SO going out to bars w/out them, some don't. Whatever makes you comfortable.

In the grand sceme of things it's not the fact that he went to the bar. It's that he lied and tried to cover it up. That's what hurts and makes me question things.

Please no one think I keep a leash on this man and don't let him do things he wants to do. He's in a golf league, he stays w/friends out of state on a regular basis, he goes to games etc. It was established early on in our relationship that going to bars (be it strip clubs, clubs, or just bar bars) was not okay in my eyes. I understand that some of you think this is "okay" and that's fine. Just a difference of opinion.

@ waisfull:

I do understand what you mean. My Dad was probably the most jealous individual ever. My Mom was not aloud to have her license, work, go ANYWHERE. This includes to the doctor (unless she was in labor), dentist, store, etc. There was alot of physical/mental abuse. I don't want to get into it but I know ALOT of my insecurities stem from that. I HATED how my Dad was and hated what my Mom went through. I swore I'd never be like him but unfortunately, up until a few years ago, I was very much like him. Now though, I'm not "as bad" and the only thing that bothers me is the bar scene. And LYING.
Personaly I dont feel you need to worry on the fact why you dont want your BF to go out to the bars. The ones that are okay w/ it in their relationships. GREAT for them. Honestly. BUt for those that do not agree on it for Their own... Then GREAT for those. Myself and my Husband. We dont. Their is enough fun out their then to go to clubs and such like that. I loved clubbing when I was single. I mean, I had tons of men hit on me all the time while being out. I can def. see why my hubby would not want me out there without him. And I surely dont want him out there at a meat market >clubs, without me. I know for a fact my baby would not cheat on me nor I him....BUT we all have our own Preferences that works for Us and individuals.

Join today and remove this ad!