View Single Post
Old 09-14-2006, 10:12 PM   #7
SnowWa
YT 2000 Club Member

Perhaps you can think of it this way.....

If you bring a new baby home from the hospital and you already have a little three year old -- you need to be very careful and continue to give that little three year old a lot of attention (perhaps a little extra) for a while - and make sure it doesn't think the new baby is taking it's place.

But - doing this for a while doesn't mean that you care for one child more than another -- of course, you love them equally - and always will.

Sometimes we have special problems when we introduce new members into the family --- and we have to make sure that no one feels neglected or left out.....

****** When I got my new little Yorkie puppy ---who wanted to be on my lap and crawl all over me a lot -- I deliberately often went and got my 4-year-old Bichon and settled him down beside me on the other side. And, then while I was enjoying the little puppy, I would constantly pet and talk to Louie (the Bichon) at the same time. Also - whenever the pup was sleeping (which was a lot) -- I made it a special point to spend even more time cuddling up with and playing with Louie. Needless to say - they are very best friends now - and I never saw a moment's jealousy.

I love them equally -- no doubt about that!

Carol Jean
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!