Thread: Scaredd?
View Single Post
Old 09-13-2006, 07:45 PM   #5
SJK1113
No Longer a Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowWa
I have a Velcro from Tinkerbell's Closet also.

I'm not sure my dog loved having it put on and taken off the first few times either. I never really thought about it. I just put it on him (this should be no problem) -- and we went out and had fun and then came in and I took it off quickly and let him go running around the house.

We have used it a lot - and I can tell you at this point - he comes running when he sees me get it down. He knows he's going to get to go outside -

There are a lot of things our little dogs might be fearful of at first - that they can quickly overcome if we stay in charge, have a good attitude, and simply expect them to do it.... they learn quickly (especially when we have a cheerful attitude) that a lot of things are okay -

****PS: I am always a little careful - and try not to get my dog's hair caught in the velcro - but this isn't much of a problem because I am careful.

Good luck! Carol Jean
I agree with you, Carol Jean.

I have a problem with mine right now not liking clothes. I want to be able to put PJs on him at night so he stays warm enough, and I'd like to be able to put a sweater or jacket on him in the winter months when I take him out. Right now the clothes really don't fit him that well since he's still a little puppy, but I keep trying everyday. I don't make him stay in the clothes very long, I keep them on a little longer each day. He seems to be getting used to it, and I always stay cheerful with him when I'm talking to him about it. (I talk to him like he's my child ). He's also going to need to get used to a harness.

I think the key is to just talk to them softly and not get frustrated. I would just show him the velcro and show him that it won't hurt him. Eventually, he'll learn that it's okay and he won't be fearful anymore. It's just a new sound, that's all. Good luck!
SJK1113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!