View Single Post
Old 09-13-2006, 12:49 PM   #8
Patti
Donating YT 30K Club Member

My last Yorkie, Gracie had to be put to sleep at 6 1/2 years with severe compllications of a collapsed trachea. That was 9 years ago and after a year of many, many er and reg vet visits I had to let her go. At that time, I researched the surgery through Texas A & M University vet clinic. Unfortunatley where Gracie's was collapsed was in the thoracic area and not a good outcome for surgery. When I contacted them by phone, they were so kind and helpful. They gave me their opinion and also sent me a study that had just been completed by them on CT in small dogs. It was I think 10.00 for a copy and they sent it right out. It was multiple pages and very informative. Based on this and my vets advice I did not opt for surgery. But, that was 9 years ago and many advances have been made and your baby may be more suitable for the surgery. I would definatley contact the University in your State and Texas A& M and see what info they can provide. I truly hope that surgery can help you as I know how hard it is to see them go through this and still be so young. Keep us posted.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!