View Single Post
Old 11-26-2004, 07:06 PM   #1
karmaboomer
Senior Yorkie Talker

Default Losing my babies?!?!

Alright. I need some advice. Be brutally honest with me, please.

When we got our puppies, we had a very free lifestyle, much less work than we are currently forced to do. Financial problems have led to us increasing our work hours so that we can comfortably stay above water.

Derek and I work 16 hour workdays, 4 days a week. We have 3 days off during the week to spend time with our babies. They are 6 months old. We let them out of their pen in the morning and at night to run around and play with us for about 1/2 hour each time. For the rest of the time, they are in an exercise pen in our bedroom with food (wet and dry), water, a peepad, their toys and their beds. They have each other to play with all day.

We feel positively AWFUL having to leave them every single day we leave for work, and are wondering if our new schedule is too much stress for them.

It would hurt SO bad to let them go to any other home, and there is nobody in our area to "puppysit" for us.

I can't decide how hurtful this situation is to them, but I know it hurts me and I need to decide if they are okay, and if they are not, I need to weigh my options, as horrific as that will be.

Please leave me some feedback:
Is our current situation okay for them?
Is it hurting, helping, not mattering?

I have no flexibility in changing the work schedule. If it would be beneficial for them to live somewhere where there is more time dedicated to them, I think that would have to be my ultimate decision, for their sake. If not, we will plug along and give them 100000% of our love every second that we have available.

Thanks in advance for responses =)
karmaboomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!