View Single Post
Old 09-13-2006, 07:08 AM   #1
keri1973
YT 500 Club Member

Question ok, need advice for pad training...

i've had my pup almost a week. he will be 9 weeks on friday. my set up for him is a 36 inch crate with potty box on 1 side and bed toys and food on the other side. from day 1 when he is in his crate he goes in his box like he is supposed to. he eats good and drinks good too. i keep the crate during the day in the living/dining area where he has full view of the whole front of the house. he loves his crate and has from day 1 also. at nite i move the crate by my bed and for the last 2 nites i have not heard a peep out of him until i get up a 6:30 (and my hubby gets up at 5:30 and showers and everything). we go to bed between 9 and 10. my hubby will even lay in bed and watch tv a while after we go to bed and still no fussing from Harley. He is doing to good!
Anyway, during the day when he needs to go potty he just goes where ever unless i catch him and put him in his potty box in his crate. sometimes if he has been in his crate a while i will keep telling him to go potty over and over and will not get him out until he does. yesterday it was soo funny, after telling him to go potty for a while, i will go on about my business and i will hear him in there whining/barking and will check on him and he is sitting in his box next to his pee pee, like he is showing me he did it!
The only time i let him run around and play is if i am watching him like a hawk... so am i doing the right thing??? will he eventually start going to his crate to potty... am i expecting too much from him too early (he is almost 9 weeks)? i really do not want pee pads all over my living room... just to move them later and him think its ok to still potty there....
I'm just not sure if i'm doing all this right and i'm getting a little stressed
any advise will be appreciated!
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!