Thread: killer yorkie
View Single Post
Old 05-18-2005, 10:58 AM   #8
Gazou
YT 2000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nancynancy
When my two year old Pookie was just an adorable ten week old puppy, he began to show some frightening antisocial behaviors. He was well behaved during the day. But every night he would growl like a wild animal, lunge towards me, and try to bite. He also shook his toys violently as though he were trying to kill them. My husband and I nicknamed him "Dr. Jeckyll and Mr. Hyde" and "The Yorkshire Terrorist."

Pookie eventually outgrew this terrible behavior, and now he's a sweet baby who loves to cuddle. But we still have to be careful. We can't give him any rawhide or real bones because they make him a little crazy. Whenever I see one of these spells coming on, I just cuddle him firmly in my arms for a few minutes, and this calms him down.

My one year old Boo Boo is as gentle as a lamb. My neighbor told me female dogs usually have sweeter temperments than male dogs. Does anyone else on YorkieTalk think female dogs are generally mellower than male dogs?

Incidentally Sammy, when we got little Boo Boo last summer we were concerned about how Pookie would react and whether he would try to attack her. We watched Pookie closely for a few days, but he never acted aggressively towards her. In fact, Boo Boo seems to be the dominant dog. My vet said it's a good idea to mix the sexes if you're planning to get another dog. A male and a female are less likely to fight than two males or two females.
Lol.......your neighbor shoud meet Gazou's mother . For me it is old " cliche " that females are mellower than males .
Gazou is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!