View Single Post
Old 09-12-2006, 12:12 PM   #1
Emilysmama1
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Love Help, advice....

Hi,

I have a sweet little girl yorkie named Emily. She is almost 3.She jumped over the baby gate this morning (she does this a lot...we try to make her not do it!) And I could tell by the sound that something didn't go right. She stood there a moment and I bent down and she came to me...but she was walking funny. She couldn't put both back legs down at the same time. She would "march" and her back was humped up like a camel or halloween cat. I picked her up carefully and laid her on the bed. I petted her and her one front leg was stiff. I called my husband and was going to rush her to the vet. Then with in 10 minutes she was fine again....I have been keeping her calm.

The vet has emergency surgeries this afternoon so he can't see her till Thurday...closed tomorrow (wed).

My question......any ideas what this was? She has a "broken bridge" so the lady I got her from said she is not "show quality"...like that matters to me!! LOL!! Other then that she is fine...but her back isn't perfectly staright and flat...she does have a mild "hump" in the lower part...just below her "waist area" on her back.....always has had this. Could this be connected to her "stiffness" this morning after her jump over the baby gate?

I am worried....even if she is acting fine right now. She does run and jump a lot...always has...plays with toys and gets up on our bed at night...it is a tall bed...our Bichon cannot jump up on it.

I am worried and I have tried to find info on line and I can't find anything.

Thanks for reading this . I am so glad I found this place. Any info is appreciated!

Blessings,
Emilys mama
Emilysmama1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!