View Single Post
Old 09-12-2006, 09:45 AM   #1
River
Senior Yorkie Talker

Default Second liver shunt for my Indy

Hi all. I haven't posted in awhile but I got some not so good news on Friday. As some of you may remember my Indy had liver shunt surgery a year ago. It was pretty straight forward, no complications and the shunt is completely tied off. I kept up on the post op bile acids, his 6 month had his fasting almost normal and his eating one completely normal. I had another done in July and they were elevated again. We put him back on the L/D diet and did another one in Aug and they had almost doubled from July. I took him back to the surgeon on Fri and the ultrasound showed another shunt! Good news was that his liver had almost doubled in size since his last surgery and is completely normal size now and the veins going into the liver were bigger and completely normal looking. The doctors are stumped on why he would have developed another shunt. It is an outside the liver shunt so it is operable and can be tied off so I just try not think about the money and focus on the fact that it can be fixed! Just seems so unfair that he has to have a second surgery and he's only a year old! Any one have any thoughts on a second shunt?
River is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!