View Single Post
Old 09-12-2006, 06:40 AM   #1
spourciau
Yorkie Talker

Default Adopted older, ill-mannered, yorkie. HELP!!!

I volunteer for our local shelter so when Tobie came in I got first dibs on him, we had been wanting one for our daughter. He is 2 - 3 years old and was found running on the levee in a neighboring community, full of knots, his eyes were crusted shut, etc. We have had him now for a month now and he is showing very little progress. I am starting to think that the reason he was running lose is because he is so difficult to train. He is doing better potty training, but he still has to many accidents and we can't let him run the house. He pees in his crate and when we put him up at night he bites at the crate door, tries to dig out of it, and he barks for a good 10 - 15 minutes after we go to bed. If he hears any noise in the house at night he barks, I am on the verge of getting him a bark collar. I have had dogs my whole life and never had one this stubborn. We love him to pieces and he is ours, I will not give up. Also, he eats anything on the floor he can find. My husband is heavy into fishing and he found a rubber lizard and ate it. We tried to get it out of his mouth, but he bit my husband and swallowed it. He took my other dogs treat the other day and when I went to get it back from him he tried to bite me. I had to get a bobby pin to pry it out of his mouth so he would not bite me. I think he has been mistreated because when we walk up on him to pick him up he looks at us from the corner of his eye and does not move. I know this is long, but any input/advice would be appreciated.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!