View Single Post
Old 09-11-2006, 11:04 PM   #1
BethanysYorkies
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Default My yorkie was vomiting- what is this a sign of?

Hello. I am new to this forum. My two year old male yorkie, Romeo, died tonight. Both my husband and I are shocked and devastated. We felt like he was one of our children. I keep blaming myself for not spending the $300 the vet said that we could if we wanted to have tests run. He was vomiting and I took him to the vet. The vet said he may have gotten into someone's garbage or even gotten a virus and that is why he was vomiting, because everything else looked normal. Since by that time, he seemed to be feeling a little better, I decided to forego the tests unless he got worse, which I was hoping and didn't think he would, since he seemed better. He was walking around and seemed more alert. The vet gave him a shot to make him feel better and for the vomiting and something to give him if he started vomiting again. I went home. He suddenly started acting limp, which I thought was a sign that the medicine was working and was relaxing him. He was like that for 10 minutes. After petting him and feeling his body, I decided it tidn't feel normal to me. It was like his eyes were wide open and alert, but his body was not. I called the vet, who said to bring him in. On the way there, he got worse and couldn't even lift his head. My husband and I drove like a maniac to the emergency vet clinic, going way past the speed limit, and praying the whole way. Just before we got there, he threw his head back and his whole body stiffened, like he was going into a coma. I started rubbing him, crying, and praying harder. We ran in as soon as we got there, me bawling my head off and handed him to the nurse, who took him immediately back to the doctor. They tried to stabalize him, but he died in the vet's office. My husband and I are just in agony. He was our only yorkie and was our baby. He had never had any problems before and seemed like any normal yorkie. (although he was almost 10 pounds, it wasn't overweight, he was actually long and skinny.) I can't think of what could have happened to him. Can anyone tell me what this sounds like, or if it signs for something? He vomited quite a bit and acted weak. He acted better after the first vet visit, but then got worse. I took him again, and he got even worse. I just want to make sure this never happens again, but I don't know how I can, since I don't even know what was wrong with him. It just came on so sudden. He seemed so happy and healthy to me before. He was very loved and spoiled. Can someone give me an idea of what it could have been? I just feel like I need to know. And I guess I just need someone to talk to. I can't sleep. It's so hard for me, because I keep seeing him like he was right before he died, not like he was when he was my happy and hyper baby. Anyone who can post would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
BethanysYorkies is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!