Thread: Babybear Update
View Single Post
Old 09-11-2006, 02:45 PM   #1
Mybabe4me
YT 500 Club Member

Default Babybear Update

Hi Everyone,
Well Babybear went to the vets today to see his surgeon and he said everything is going fine. Babybear tried to stand for him with his hind legs which he said is a very good sign. His front legs are a little questionable. The Dr said it will take some time though. Babybear's spine is still healing. He has gotten feeling back in his hindquarters now we have to hope and pray for the front. The Dr said it will take some time because the spine is made up of very complicated nerves. And the front part of the body is in the inner part of the spinal cord so it takes longer to heal. The rear on the other hand is on the outside of the spinal cord so that heals faster. The Dr also said there may be some swelling in the spinal cord still so don't think this is all you will get for sure.
He also said he wants Babybear to have more than two days of water therapy a week. The more the better he said. And I made a sling for Babybear like you would put a horse in. He wants him in that for a half hour at a time. So full steam ahead.
Oh and the great news is Babybear won't have to where his cervial collar after three more weeks he will be a free little boy from it. YAHOO.
Thanks for all your help here and if anyone can think of anything else that would help me help him don't hesitate to let me know. I am trying to find anything that will help.
Thank you all
Val
Mybabe4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!