View Single Post
Old 09-11-2006, 07:07 AM   #23
Fran42478
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

I know this is a difficult time for you...I was in the same place...about a month ago with my Sammi...
I kept going with everything that they said...I knew it would be alot of money, but I had to make sure in my heart that I did EVERYTHING I could do for her...I felt if she was meant to be with me she would be and if she was meant to be at Ranbow Bridge that is where she would go...
I dont know your $ situation...Believe me mine was not good...But I didnt even think about it...I know they offer Care Credit...Maybe that is an option for you?
Just know your Sammy is under the best care at GSVS! Really he is...

Please know I am thinking of you guys...If you need to chat please PM me

Lots of love to you!
Fran
Quote:
Originally Posted by erika0308
Things are not looking good. I just got a call from Sammy's doctor who said he had several bloody vomitting and diarrhea episodes throughout the night and this morning. Therefore they cannot feed him. They don't think he has responded to the supportive care (IV fluids and antibiotic). So they are now thinking that he has another condition possibly in addition to the HGE.

I'm not sure how much more we can do. The doctor didn't sound too optimistic, but did say there are some other tests and other options to try, if we want to. First, she said they could take some additional XRays, an abdominal ultrasound, have a dermatologist look at him who would probably do a skin biopsy, and some other things that I can't remember now. She's considering the possibility that it is an immune disorder, possibly cancer, we just don't know. We have spent well over $1000 now, she said by tomorrow morning it would be over $2000 with another nights stay and the ultrasound. The dermatologist couldn't see him until Wednesday and she didn't even get into the cost for that evaluation and biopsy. I don't want to give up. But I'm at the point where I don't know if I truly feel he can get better.

What do you think?
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!