View Single Post
Old 09-10-2006, 08:01 PM   #5
Mybabe4me
YT 500 Club Member

Chrissy helped me in finding the ATI. I had never heard of it before. But my vet actually there were two vets on that day that Babybear jumped and broke his neck. They both said because his blood levels were down and he had a seizure that he had Livershunts. That is why Baby's blood levels dropped so much since they took bloodwork in May. They both also told me that Babybear did not have a broken neck. They showed me the xrays twenty mintues after they took them and again they showed me them at two hours because my husband was with me at that time. They pointed right to the neck and said it was not broke, but they had no idea why he wasn't walking unless it was do to the seizure. I had seizures as a child and young adult I had a very hard time standing and getting controll of myself for hours if not a day later. So I believed him and the other vet. It was the ER vet that told me the reason Baby's blood levels were low was he was so close to death he was actually at deaths door. But my husband kept Baby alive with mouth to mouth. I had said earlier on another post that the vets said that Baby did not have a broken neck, but it was livershunts and he wasn't going to make it because the levels in his blood were so low. I should take him to the ER so they could take care of him just in case he passed that weekend. I kept him at home to pass with me. When I went for a second opinion thta is where I found out that Babybear did in deed have a broken neck and didn't have liveshunts like the other vets said he did. When all of this was going on I didn have time to do any thing even sleep. I jus sat there with him in my arms aor beside me if I left his side he would cry. I even took him to the bath room with me . I didn't have time to do research on the computer.
All I have to say it I thank Chrissy for helping me find this site for ATI. If it wasn't for her. I would not have know that there was a disease like this. I thought all along it was a pinched nerve in the neck for months like the doctors told me. I didn't know any differant. My mother was having simular symtoms with her pinched nerve in her neck. All except the broke neck of course.
Val
Mybabe4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!