View Single Post
Old 05-18-2005, 07:20 AM   #4
bchgirl
Donating YT 10K Club Member

When you ask for an opinion, that's what you get.....someone's opinion.... which may or may not be the same as yours. I frequent quite a few message boards and have come to realize that how you interpret a written post and how the writer actually intended their post might be two different things. I didn't read stitches' post as "cat" negative, but certainly understand her response to your second post. While someone else's opinion may be different than your own, it doesn't mean they are wrong or attacking yours....it's just different...period.

Dogs have pack mentality ingrained in their brains. I really don't think Yorkies are any different in this respect than any other breed. I have three cats. They are sweet and very loving, BUT if they want attention THEY come to us. The dog, however, will wake from a dead sleep to follow me to another room, not because he deserves more.....he simply wants it. I think your baby whining/yapping when you first get home is simply because she is so excited to see you. I don't get this response from my cats, they aren't programed this way. None of this is a slam against kitties, they're just different from dogs.

I love all my animals equally, but I realize some expect more of me than others.

I've received lots of advice and help from this board, along with enjoying reading the antics/pitfalls of other's Yorkies. If you continue to visit the board, I'm sure you will also.....

Deb
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!