View Single Post
Old 09-10-2006, 04:21 PM   #15
myriamha
YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueReviews
My baby isn't eating much and seems to change what he wants to eat daily. I want to keep him healthy so can anyone suggest good things to feed him? I did take him to the vet and they said he is very prone to having hypoglycemia which should ware off in time but that I have to keep him stable and find foods that help keep him balanced. The problem is that I am unsure what to give him since he wonlt stay on any one thing long. he quit eating solid dry food so i changed him to canned food. he quit eating that this morning and refuses to touch it so I gave him some chicken which he seems to like better but I think he needs more than just chicken.
He is also getting backed up again and not pooping good, He did this shortly after coming home. I know it is not from the change in foods because this began before the food changes occured but I fear it might be increased by the food change. I only know I will do anything to keep my boy healthy. Can anyone give me advice or suggestions on things for him? I know it is not something I have done that is keeping him this way and I want to assure I don't do anything to make him worse. This morning he was drooling a little and seemed better after I did change him to the chicken. I only know after what I went through with my other boy I will do ANYTHING to keep this little guy healthy and happy. My dad thinks I am worrying too much but the vet confirmed he needs more and that it sounds like he gets the hypoglycemia easily due to his tiny size. That and giving him the nutrical makes him bounce back within minutes. I just think my heart isa doing flip flops now...every little thing worries me.
~Tru
Give him chicken mixed with a puree of vegetables and brown rice, also you can switch the chicken with groung beef =, eggs, ccottage cheese, yogurt...
Ihave a book for dog home made recipes ....When I got Royce he started eating dog food then he wouldnt eat at all that's whe i switched to a home made diet ...he was eating but everyday i had to be creative and have chicken and other things handy :ie turkey, ground beef, liver in case hedidntlike what i gave him ...i was very patient and would sit next to him on the floor and made sure he ate the required quantities to avoid hypoglicemie ...now he is eating fine . good luck
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!