View Single Post
Old 09-10-2006, 01:07 PM   #14
Sugar's Mom
BANNED!

Default not at all upset

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brookef18
I am sorry if I sounded harsh... I didn't know breeders only kept dogs they could breed. No I'm not a breeder... And I didn't realize you were either. I guess I don't understand. It seems sad to me to keep a dog for a while to see how big it's going to get and then decide to not keep it if it gets bigger then you had hoped. The poor thing is thinking you are mommy... I'm not trying to sound mean here. I just don't understand and if I were a breeder I guess then I would. Please don't be upset with me.
I'm not upset and I just started breeding after researching for almost two years. it will really be hard for me to give ANY of the babies up. yep, I am going to have a real problem with that. A ten pound dog is pretty big in comparison to the small ones. Doesn't mean they are worth less or any less pretty. You just have to have goals and etc for a decent breeding program. IF, she does get that big and goes to someone else, you can be sure her new home will be screened to make sure they will love her dearly and give her all the attention she neeeds. I still hope to keep her. I really think that because she is getting all mommy's milk is why she is so fat. her parents and grandparents are just too small to throw a large pup, but it does happen. That's why no one can guarantee size. I do want to keep within the standard or I wouldn't be a good breeder at all.
Sugar's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!