View Single Post
Old 09-10-2006, 12:28 PM   #13
Brookef18
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugar's Mom
It doesn't mean I will love her any less. The dogs in my breeding program all weigh around five pounds except my male and he is now four pounds. Yes, I am serious about not keeping her if she weighs ten pounds. No, you did not misunderstand. Does that make me a bad person? Glad you love yours. I know a lot of people do and even look for the larger ones but I am starting a new breeding program and sought out the five pound adults to breed with my male. As a breeder, I certainly can't keep all the puppies that are born. this one was to be raised to be one of my breeders. Most all of the other breeders do not keep pups that don't fit into their program. I am planning on breeding to the standard as close as I can. BTW, are you a breeder? I don't think so or you would understand where I am coming from but I take no offense.
I am sorry if I sounded harsh... I didn't know breeders only kept dogs they could breed. No I'm not a breeder... And I didn't realize you were either. I guess I don't understand. It seems sad to me to keep a dog for a while to see how big it's going to get and then decide to not keep it if it gets bigger then you had hoped. The poor thing is thinking you are mommy... I'm not trying to sound mean here. I just don't understand and if I were a breeder I guess then I would. Please don't be upset with me.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!