View Single Post
Old 09-10-2006, 08:20 AM   #6
rox626
YT Addict

Don't even buy a dog if you think that will help make up for the initial cost of having her. I hope some of those that breed will tell you just how expensive it is. Yorkies don't have litters of 8 that you can sell for whatever amount. It might cost you more that you bargained for if your dog needs a C section or doesn't feed them properly herself. Having puppies is risky and you could lose her altogether especially if you don't know what you're doing.

If you breed, you'd better be prepared to have a lot of sleepness nights if you do have to feed them. A woman on another group had to feed all 3 puppies herself since birth since their mother got sick and her milk was bad. Luckily she didn't work outside the home and could do this. She also had to stimulate them to go to the bathroom since that is what their mother does. Are you up to that? Then after caring for them you get so attached. Could you give them up? Anyone with a conscience is going to want to find the very best homes for their puppies and that might not be so easy.

My yorkie was only $800 and she is tiny. She weighs three pounds and is very healthy. I never planned to breed her and had her spayed at 6 months. It takes her almost 6 months to go through a small bag of dog food and she's a lot less expensive to maintain than our fish tank with a turtle in it. She also brings me a lot of joy. My advice is to look for a happy healthy puppy in the price range that you can afford. Don't look at it as in investment that you are trying to recoup.
rox626 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!