View Single Post
Old 09-09-2006, 10:57 AM   #13
Lila
Yorkie Yakker

Default Thank You Dizpatch

Thank you for agreeing with me; it is difficult to gain access for Service Dogs for many people figure that as it is not a Guide Dog for the blind, it cannot be a Service Dog. My Yorkie is a Service Dog, and therefore can accompany me everywhere, theoretically. It is still difficult at times to convince others of this. In Ontario, our laws are not as good as your ADA, but hopefully it will improve. At this point, we have to provide our written prescriptions for Service Dogs to any gatekeeper that asks; in your country, they are allowed only to ask if the dog is a Service Dog, and what it does, as anything more would require exposing one's personal medical information.

I can also see the side that wishes to take a pet places; when I first got my Yorkie, I did take her with me as much as possible; I had to sneak her on the train once, as the only way I could take her, according to Via, was to ship her in the baggage car. However, there was no baggage car going to my destination!

I hope as small dogs become more popular, businesses open their doors more to all dogs, providing the rules are followed. It is the owners of undisciplined dogs, and bad owners that cause problems everywhere for all owners and dogs. I would love to see more dogs out in public, as I am sure many of you do also.
Attached Thumbnails
Kicked Out of Crowne Plaza Hotel In Albany-waterproof-vest.jpg   Kicked Out of Crowne Plaza Hotel In Albany-kia-modelling-clothes-027.jpg  
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!