View Single Post
Old 09-09-2006, 09:00 AM   #18
j3ntan
Yorkie Yakker

Red face

Hi all... Thanks for all your prayers, concerns and good wishes... Lola made it through just FINE. I was able to pick her up early and I brought her with me to work so she wouldn't be alone. She was a little weak and whiny (but I don't know if it was pain or stomach-ache because she went home and had diarrhea) but dozed on and off through the rest of the evening. She would sit up occassionally in a daze. prolly the meds. She was always a good eater, so she wanted food more than she wanted water! (She is slightly overweight-haha ) This morning she woke me up with growls and barks. I guess being a conehead makes her more antsy with noises she hears. She's so cute... 1 day out of surgery and already wanting to protect her mama. The doc says pain meds every 8 hrs as needed. I gave her one dose last night and again this morning... she makes this heavy breathing, barely there whine that I think equates pain. But more or less, she's back to her old self. She keeps trying to look or lick at the incision, but can't, due to the cone. So she gets frustrated and tries to shake, scoot, and wriggle out of it.. poor thing'll have that thing for another week. Thanks Peeka, Maddie, and Roxy for your doggy love, and all the mommys out there who understand!!!! Wouldn't have been the same without yall....
j3ntan is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!