View Single Post
Old 09-09-2006, 07:46 AM   #8
dizpatch
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker

For many years my family raised Guide Dogs for The Blind. We traveled and often we would come across hotels that were not "pet" hotels but because we were traveling with a service animal we were allowed to stay, but did have to pay an extra fee, usually $45. Yes, they did also charge the people who were blind and had their guide dog. The reason they stated in writing is the extra care that needs to be taken in the room. Keep in mind they do not change the comforters every time the room changes. But they must when an animal has been in the room. They also do something with the carpets, because of pet allergies being so common. Not saying I agree just mentioning what I had experianced.
Something else to think about with pet fees. If you travel by air with your pet in cabin it is an additional $80 each way. Your pet counts as one of your carry on items. I am having to pay for her, so why should she count as my carry on not sure I understand the logic behind this(counts as carry on item when you have to pay for it). I have just gone through this as well, it is standard procedure, at least I am able to fly with her.

Muriel

Last edited by dizpatch; 09-09-2006 at 07:49 AM.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!