View Single Post
Old 09-08-2006, 07:09 AM   #11
LinsZooCrew
Senior Yorkie Talker

I have kept dogs and all types of creatures for over 30 years, I have dealt with tons of vets. This is the type of vet that makes me nervous. He might be nice, or reasonable, or good with the critters but that isn't enough. I would never put any critter under without blood work. NEVER! That is not paranoia just being a responsible mom! I have a pretty good vet now. He's not in my outstanding list but only 2 were. He is now 30 minutes from me, but buying his own practice. He'll be an hour from me. I will still go to him for all serious matters.... Surgeries etc. But stay at the original practice for shots etc. Go wherever you need to. It is your job to protect your baby. If you have concerns..... RUN!
And to Jager that won't leave her baby overnight... I'm with you on that! I have had that argument with more than one vet. If they don't see it my way I am gone. I have the number of the ER vet if I need it, car is gassed and ready to go. I cannot understand that line of thinking to leave them alone all night and think they are safer.
Ask your vet if they can spay your baby first and release her just before closing. Just be sure you feel ready for any issue that can arise.
Good luck to both of you!
Lin..... 49 hours to new baby!!
LinsZooCrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!