Thread: Quick Question?
View Single Post
Old 09-08-2006, 03:58 AM   #9
makemepretty
YT 500 Club Member

I've also seen on some sites that a "teacup" can be 4 pounds or under(some say 3 and under) and 8 inches or less at the shoulder.

A teacup yorkie is about the size of a chihuahua(not a very large chihuahua of course, some chihuahuas can get big too, I once had a 12 pounder) but much more fluffy. Think of a long haired chihuahua with lots more hair and that's about the size.

I've been asked quite a few times if my Lola is a teacup yorkie. I always tell them she's just tiny. She doesn't act like she's small, she springs off of everything and acts like she's the size of a great dane. Completely healthy.

A lady down the road from me had a female who was 7 mo. old and 1 lb 14 oz. The sad thing is she's got a couple other 3 pound yorkies that she lets run loose and live outside. Any dog that small should automatically be an inside dog in my opinion. Unfortunately, I think the teacups are getting a bad rap because of some horrible breeders trying to rapidly product those little money makers and it's causing all sorts of horrible health problems.
makemepretty is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!