View Single Post
Old 11-24-2004, 12:18 PM   #7
yorkipower
BANNED!

Default Earthdog for Yorkies and Earthdog in NJ

Wow! You’re in luck! NJ seems to be a big state in the Earthdog world. Bun and I went to The Village Green Earthdog Center in Crosswicks NJ last fall. We took the two “intro” course – Introduction to Quarry I and II. He had been seriously ill last summer and as a result, could not do dog agility so I needed to find an outlet for him that wasn’t as physically demanding. I was swelling with pride and happiness, watching my little Yorkie show the big terriers and hounds how it’s done. So, now I’m hooked!

The woman who runs the place is the author of the Earthdog “bible:” Earthdog Ins and Outs.
About the author:
Mrs. Frier-Murza has long been dedicated to seeing that owners appreciate the talents of their terriers and Dachshunds. A pioneer in the earthdog movement, she first began hunting with terriers in 1971. Jo Ann attended her first American Working Terrier Association trial in 1972, a year after it was founded, and promptly fell in love with the sport. Since then she has earned titles with Border and Bedlington Terriers, a Smooth Fox Terrier and a Miniature Wirehaired Dachshund.
Jo Ann has worked tirelessly promoting the sport of den trials. Since 1976, she has hosted at least one, and sometimes more, trials each year. In 1993, she was asked to work with the AKC advisory panel which developed the earthdog testing program. Since then, she has chaired, judged and hosted AKC trials. She is the founder of the New Jersey Beanfield Earthdogs Club and has been an officer or served on the board of the American Working Terrier Association, the Border Terrier Club of America, the Garden State All Terrier Club, the Princeton Dog Training Club and the Allgemeiner Schutzhund Club. Her dogs have competed in the show ring, obedience trials, earthdog and schutzhund events.
Jo Ann holds a Bachelor's Degree in Biology and a Master's Degree in Forest Zoology and Animal Behavior. She is also a Certified Public Manager and a graduate of the Ocean County Police Academy. A martial arts devotee, Jo Ann recently earned her black belt. She lives in New Jersey with husband Stephen and sons Jeffrey and Michael.

Here’s a link to the website:
Village Green Earthdog Center, Crosswicks, NJ

There’s also an active Earthdog club in NJ – NJ Beanfield Dogs – here’s that link:

Beanfield Earthdog Club

Here’s a great article I just found on earthdog trials.

About Earthdog Trials
yorkipower is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!