View Single Post
Old 09-06-2006, 02:06 PM   #12
Jenn218
Mojo, LilyGrace & Me
Donating Member

Thanks for all the posts and links!!! I am a big fan of almost all the cooking sites, I Google recipes all the time......course, I haven't added to my cookbook collection in years.........

I didn't realize there had been another recipe thread....course, I didn't "search" for any because I was in the mood to get some new ones anyway! hee,hee

I just really enjoy getting new recipes to try and to see what everyone else likes........a group of us (in my area) use to do a recipe exchange.....where 2 days a month, we all cooked and shared our recipes.......that was fun. Then, the email and mail recipe exchanges took place, but those never lasted long.......

I LOVE to cook, but it is nice to go out to eat every now and then........I didn't even grow up in a big family, but we were a different family....one that always did things together and tried new things, etc......not many of those around anymore.....so sad!!! Course, I am raising my only child (daughter) the same way I was brought up.......she loves it!!!!

I wanted to share one more recipe:

Chocolate Spice Crinkles (makes 64)
(perfect for holiday baking or groups or school)

1 stick butter, softened
1 1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. salt
1 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
3 eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 cup flour
1/2 cup confectioner sugar
4 oz. unsweetened baking chocolate; melted as directed on package

Mix on med. speed, beat butter, granulated sugar, baking powder, cinnamon and salt until creamy. Add eggs, vanilla and chocolate; beat until blended.
With mixer on low speed, beat in flour just until blended. Cover and refrigerate 2 hours or until firm.
Heat oven to 350 and lightly grease cookie sheets with spray.
Roll level measuring tablespoon full of dough into balls. Roll in confectioners sugar and place 1 1/2 inches apart on cookie sheets.
Bake 12 minutes or until tops are puffed and cracked.
Remove to wire rack to cool.

These are SUPER yummy (IMO)!!!!
Jenn218 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!