View Single Post
Old 09-05-2006, 05:18 PM   #4
Mardelin
Mardelin Yorkshire Terriers
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitty
Has anyone else had problems with their dogs coat becoming brittle and dry after having puppies? Kitty's coat was dry and brittle after having her pups in Feb. She itched at the dry skin and broke most of her hair off. I am having a hard time growing her coat back out. What should I do? I have tried different foods but the only one that she eats well and does well on is the Royal Canin for Yorkshire Terriers. I have use mirical coat supplement also. Her skin is no longer dry but I just can't seem to get her coat to grow. Should I clip her so her hair is even? It is real short around her shoulders where she scratched. Her hair was silky before she lost it. Any advise? Thanks!
Whelping puppies takes alot out of mothers. My Go-Go whelped at the end of March, her coat is just getting back to normal and starting to grow. She did the itching thing. Of course I cut her down before whelping. I did add Solid Gold Kelp and Flax Seed Oil to her meals YT 28, but she was on the YT puppy weaning 3 weeks prior to whelping and for a couple of weeks after. Just have patience
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!