View Single Post
Old 09-05-2006, 11:48 AM   #8
vainchick5
YT 6000 Club Member

Anyone who knows me knows how much I love my girl Coco. When it was time for her to get spayed I made an appointment with the vet. He was going to charge me like $300 and even though money was a bit tight I didn't care. I wanted the best for her. Though as the time got closer I got really nervous and thought about bad things happening. I took that as a sign that I wasn't comfortable with the vet, and trusted my mommy instinct and cancelled the appointment. I had heard of Tony LaRue's Animal Rescue hospital in my area so I checked it out. I have never even seen a vets office as clean as this place. I spoke to the doctors, with the staff. They were so amazing and only charged my $50 for her spay with antibiotics and painkillers. Coco was herself within hours and to this day you cannot see or feel the scar whatsoever. I have heard horror stories of vets who botch the spay/neuther but I was so happy I went with the spay/netuer clinic. I wasn't as scared/nervous with them when I made the appointment and Coco was less than 2 lbs at the time. I say, do your research, and if they use Isoflourine gas, and if the facilities are clean and the staff is great, why not. Trust your instinct and go with it. Sometimes it's best to use a vet, and sometimes its not. Just my opinion though. I don't think you love your baby any less by saving some money and using a clinic if they are good.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!