View Single Post
Old 09-05-2006, 04:46 AM   #8
yorkieskater
No Longer a Member

I've changed our potty routine about 4 times here...bad I know...but my puppy (7mos) is adjusting. We are now using a litter box with pup head grasss (switching to a different kind of synthetic grass because the pup head smells so bad with the attractant they put on it) in the bathroom. I keep the door closed. When we are home, he rings a bell to ask so we either bring him outside or into the bathroom (if it is dark or raining). When we are gone, he has free access to it. I did this because we travel a lot and I want him to get used to "asking" to "go" when we visit different peoples houses. Since switching to a litter box (off of pee pads or the plain pup head grass which sits 1 inch off the floor) he seems to have less accidents. He used to go into a house and if he saw a kitchen or bathmat or something like that, would pee...but now that he is older and into the litter box...I think (but not sure) he knows the difference. The litter box is harder to travel with than a pee pad (easier than trying to travel with the pup head) but a definate "this is where you go" type device.
I also tried the Wiz dog.
suz
yorkieskater is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!