View Single Post
Old 09-04-2006, 06:59 AM   #1
Kahlua
Yorkie Yakker

Default Chocolate incidence

Yesterday monring we had a chocolate eating crisis. We had a football party Saturday night and ordered Domino's pizza and some of their new brownie bites (which are only 1 square inch in size). Well, while I was cleaning up yesterday morning I found Kahlua under the table eating on something, it was a brownie!! He had eaten half. I was so scared. Well after reading many postings on here and on the web, we gave him 1 tsp hydrogen peroxide to induce vomitting every fifteen minutes, and after the second tsp he vomitted after 5 min. Then we followed up with a piece of burnt toast, the chemicals in the charcoal supposively soak up any remaing chemicals from the chocolate.

We were so nervous, we had no clue how much cocoa powder was in those brownies since we did not make them!!

Kahlua has been doing great ever since, thankfully!! Its amazing the situations your fur babies can get into, and how scared they can make you!

Here is a good site, with a chart of how much hydrogen peroxide to give based on body weight if you are ever in this horrible situation!
http://www.dog.com/vet/holidays/02.asp
Vet Articles : Hazardous Holiday Decorations: Plants & Greens - Dog.com
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!