View Single Post
Old 09-03-2006, 06:34 PM   #12
ChestersMom
YT 500 Club Member

Thanks everybody! The whole family is doing very, very well. The babies are little butterballs. Their eyes opened Thursday and Friday and they're oh so cute. I'm really glad I used one of those plastic swimming pools as a whelping box. It's big enough for them to move around in.

Mom is doing great. I did have to put her on some extra vitamins as the pups seemed to be taking a lot out of her. She felt way too thin so the doc put her on a multi-vitamin. It's a liquid and sure does stink! I feel really bad having to force her to swallow it, but I know she needs it.

In addition, I had to give her a haircut and well, let's say, I'm no dog groomer. She is dreadfully afraid of electric clippers so I have to medicate her to have her groomed and I sure wasn't going to do that with pups and I didn't want to traumatize her and have her milk dry up. Thank goodness it's just hair and it will grow back, plus, it's still quite warm here.

My sister and nephew are anxiously awaiting the day when they can bring their "Spanky" home. They were here within hours after the pups were born. That will be one spoiled pup - no doubt about it.

I absolutely love having all those babies around to cuddle with. And they're starting to get puppy breath - MY FAVORITE!!

Okay, I've gone on long enough. I will post more pictures when they change a little more. Thanks again everybody!
Jacki
ChestersMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!