View Single Post
Old 09-02-2006, 08:05 PM   #1
SissaYSU
Senior Yorkie Talker

Default wooooooork auuuuuuuuugh

I know it seems like I am always angry but this upset me.

I started a new job which I like a lot...but the hours not so much. When I applied, I put down p/t and 20 hours a week...25 at the most, and they were fine with it.
They asked for my hours of availability and told me they would schedule in between those hours. They decided to schedule me for every single hour I put down that I was available...and then some.
Apparently the whole 20 hours a week/25 hours when desperate meant nothing
last week it was 30 hours and this week it's 27 I also told them I can't work on Fridays...I have prior committments on Friday with the MS Society and I put this down and told them it had to be "set in stone" that Fridays were not my day to work.
I am to be working this Friday 2-9:30.
Not to mention I am a college student, my mom is sick, and I have several organizations I am involved with.
I am also hypoglycemic and when they had me working 2-10 I mentioned this and was told to "bring a few crackers" to "hold me over". I had to miss lunch and dinner that night and was miserable when I got off...about to keel over.
THEN I found out there is a law or an act of some sort that says I am to get a break every four hours. Which I never got. I was told I could take a few minute break to "eat my crackers".
I am a college student. I have 16 credit hours. I am a dork and study a LOT. I also am involved in other organizations and do some volunteer work. I can't work 30 hours and study and be prepared to graduate.
I am going in on Tuesday before my first class and ask to change my availability. I will tell them I can work 2-7 on Tuesday and I'll work 2-9:30 on Wednesday provided I can bring a bagged dinner with me so I don't freakin pass out...but, if possible,not work Thursday 2-9:30...if they can find someone to work that shift then that'd be good and I would work 2-7 if nessessary.
The other thing that bothers me is they expected me, after one day of training, be able to be by myself with babies. I hadn't changed a diaper in YEARS. And after one day of training they wanted to put me by myself with babies? They had also planned on me closing that night when I was never EVER trained in how to close.
It's just the fact that they did everything they told me they wouldn't do. They told me I would never be over 20 hours, 25 if they were desperate...last week I had 30, this week it's 27. They told me they understood I couldn't work on Fridays...and I'm scheduled for Friday.
I can't bring meals in because the babies might get their hands on the food which is not a good thing for a hypoglycemic...I honestly don't think a "few crackers" would hold me over when I have to miss lunch AND dinner (I am heading straight to work from class). They trained me very little and expected me to take care of babies when I was nowhere near comfortable after only a few hours of training and then expected me to close when they never trained me to close...but it's the hours and the fact that I have to submit myself to feeling like crap when I get off because my blood sugar is all wacked out from missing two meals to go to work and get a salary of freakin 5.40 an hour
sorry...just had to vent
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!