View Single Post
Old 09-02-2006, 09:24 AM   #1
myriamha
YT 500 Club Member

Animal Smiley 019 Update on Royce and his Separation Anxiety

Royce started crying whenever I left for work since we came back from vacation . I got a complaint from my neighbor and decided to hire a dog behaviorist . I have many exercises to practice with royce daily .
-She advised me not to allow Royce to sleep in my bed.
-Second exrcise is to go outside of my apartment without taking keys or purse and come back as soon as he starts crying ...first time I did it with the trainer he stated vrying within 15 seconds ...I worked on this exercise very hard the whole week till he was able to stay quiet for half ann hour several times a day .
-she advised me to ignore him when he seeks attention and to give him attention when he is quiet ...
_i also have to gate him in the kitchen when i'm at home and let him out 15minutes after he stops crying .
_I'm teaching him the sit stay command....now i can make him sit and walk and drop the leash and he would sit till I come back to him and praise him .

This is the secnd week and im working on my leaving for work routine, I have to pretend im getting ready for work ann actually not leave the house then i would leave for 15 second and come back imeediately and gradually increse it ( i do take my keys and jacket and purse with me ) this morning when idid the exercise Royce was quiet for 5 mins .....Do you guys think that eventually his Separation anxiety will get solved ???
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!